Family law is a complex and ever-changing area of law. Every family law matter has its own set of issues, hence we develop strategic and creative legal solutions tailored to your unique family, financial, and emotional situation. At SD Law, we ease the emotional stress for our clients by delivering excellent service throughout your separation or divorce process.
Our goal is to help you through your family law matter in the most expeditious and humane manner possible with the understanding that a breakup of a family or custody battle is the most psychologically devastating event a person could experience.
We recognize and assist you to plan for the possibility of a break up of a common-law union or marriage. When your marriage ends and in the event of the involvement of children, family property, and matrimonial assets, we assist you efficiently either to litigate vigorously in court or amicably negotiate solutions out of court.
What we do:
- Divorce and separation (if you are contemplating or facing a divorce or separation)
- Common law
- Contested and uncontested divorce
- Property Division
- Domestic contracts
- Cohabitation Agreements (pre-nuptial or pre-marriage agreements)
- Marriage Contracts
- Parenting Agreements
- Separation Agreements
- Children and Spouses
- Child custody and child access rights
- Child support
- Spousal support
- Collect, increase, decrease or modify child and/or Spousal support
- Child adoption
- Protection from abuse
- Restraining and exclusive possession orders
- Independent legal advice and second opinions
- Foreign divorce opinions