SD Law Professional Corporation was established in 2005 and our offices are located in Mississauga, Ontario. Shanthi Devanand, Barrister and Solicitor, holds her first Masters of Law degree (M.L.,) from the University of Madras, Chennai, India, and a second Masters of Law degree (LL.M.,) from the Osgoode Hall Law School of York University, Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Shanthi was called to the Bar of the Law Society of Upper Canada, in the year 2005. She is affluent in English, Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, and many other Indian languages.
- The Law Society of Upper Canada
- The Canadian Bar Association (CBA)
- The Ontario Bar Association(OBA)
Professional/ Volunteer/ Community Activities
- Director of the Canadian Association of South Asian Lawyers (CASAL) whereby she actively promotes and participates in the professional advancement of lawyers and law students of South Asian background.
- She is involved in several community activities whereby she empowers new immigrants to Canada with basic legal knowledge.
- She actively participates in several community organizations on religious, cultural, and educational events whereby she also works on the platform of providing free legal services.